Rothaus Plastic Surgery, led by Dr. Kenneth Rothaus, offers male pattern baldness treatments for men in New York City, Upper East Side, Manhattan, Westchester, and surrounding areas of New York.
What is Male Pattern Baldness?
Male pattern baldness is the medical condition “androgenic alopecia” that affects more than half of men who are over 50 years old. It is the most common type of baldness for men. Male pattern baldness is most often linked to family history of abnormalities with certain hormones in the male body.
What Are the Signs of Male Pattern Baldness?
Male pattern baldness has a distinct shape on the scalp. Thinning typically begins near the temples or on the crown of the scalp. This may lead to a hair growth pattern that resembles the letter “M” or a single bald spot. The Norwood Scale is a measurement that is used to determine the stage of hair loss in men.
- Type I indicates that hair loss is minimal, and only the earliest signs appear on the scalp.
- Type II indicates that hair loss has begun in the temple area.
- Type III indicates that treatment is indicated. This may be classified as Type III vertex that identifies the area of the scalp were hair loss is occurring.
- Type IV indicates that a larger pattern of hair loss has emerged along the hairline and vertex.
- Type V indicates that the hair loss on each side of the scalp have advanced to the point of only having a thin dividing line of hair.
- Type VI indicates that the dividing line has disappeared but the scalp still has random, thin hairs in the area.
- Type VII is the most advanced type of hair loss and indicates that the scalp has little to no hair.
What Are the Benefits of Treatment for Male Pattern Baldness?
At Rothaus Plastic Surgery, we offer hair loss treatments for male pattern baldness using the most conservative approach first. Our treatments help you regrow your hair with a natural growth pattern and hairline.
How is Male Pattern Baldness Treated?
Our treatment is performed in three levels.
- Level 1: Treatment with the GentleWaves LED
- Level 2: PRP for hair loss
- Level 3: NeoGraft® FUE hair transplant
What is the Recovery like After Treatment for Male Pattern Baldness?
Our GentleWaves and PRP treatments do not requirement downtime. Dr. Rothaus explains the NeoGraft® procedure should you be a good candidate for the treatment.
How Much Does Treatment for Male Pattern Baldness Cost?
After your consultation with Dr. Rothaus, we discuss pricing and our financing options. The cost is based upon the treatment plan that is developed during the appointment.
Dr. Kenneth Rothaus offers male pattern baldness treatments for men in New York City, Upper East Side, Manhattan, Westchester, and surrounding communities in New York. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.