Laser TreatmentAdvances in cosmetic laser technology have helped make lasers, in addition to the traditional surgical procedures, an exciting and important component of the care and the rejuvenation of the cosmetic patient. Dr. Rothaus has available, full-time, in his practice multiple cosmetic lasers to bring together the art and science of the cosmetic laser and surgical practice. Thus, in his state-of-the-art office he has incorporated cosmetic lasers as an integral part of aesthetic surgical practice.
By expanding the use of cosmetic lasers Dr. Rothaus can offer new and less invasive ways to achieve improvements in the face and body.
Some of our laser procedures are:
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pigment Correction and Vein Work
- Wrinkle Removal and Reduction
- Skin Tightening
- Laser Lipolysis
- Plasma Skin Resurfacing
- Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Lux 2940 - Erbium ablative fractional resurfacing.
- Lumenis Active and Deep Fx - CO2 Ablative fractional resurfacing.
- Portrait Skin resurfacing - plasma "Non-ablative" resurfacing device.
- Venus laser - Erbium ablative resurfacing laser.
Learn how lasers can be used for skin tightening at Dr. Rothaus's dedicated Skin Tightening page.
Texture and Pigmentation - An increase in the
appearance of small vessels on the face, mottling of the skin with
brown pigmentation or so-called “sun-spots”, and a loss of the smooth
appearance of the skin with an increase in the size of the pores all
contribute to the appearance of the aging face. The use of light
devices to improve and correct this appearance is known in various
practices as a laser facial or photo facial.
- Gemini - A KTP and long-pulse 1064 laser that can treat spider veins, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and improve the texture of the skin as well.
- Lug G - An intense pulsed light (IPL) device that can improve the skin by decreasing the appearance of vessels and brown spots.
- Lux 1540 - A nonablative fractional laser that will improve the texture and hyperpigmentation of the skin.
- Portrait Skin Resurfacing - Uses nitrogen plasma to improve skin texture and lighten brown spots.
Laser Lipolysis - This new and exciting technology incorporates the latest of laser technology with the surgical procedure of conventional liposuction. Using 920, 975, 980 and 1320 nm laser fibers, liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia with reduced bruising and downtime. The lasers that can be used for laser lipolysis in our White Plains and Manhattan offices include the:
Cellulite - Although no device can claim to entirely eliminate cellulite, clinical studies have found that the SmoothLipo laser using its proprietary combination (Photomology) of 650 nm and 915 nm wavelength light along with mechanical manipulation can in a series of 20 minute treatments significantly improve the appearance of cellulite in most instances.
Laser Hair Removal - This is a modern way to effectively remove unwanted hair for long periods of time. Modern laser technology targets the hair follicle while keeping the skin safe. At our office we use the following state of the art devices for laser hair removal:
- Gemini Laser (1064nm)
- Alexandrite 300
Leg Veins and Endovenous Laser Treatment - Spider veins and varicose veins of the legs can now be treated using cutaneous (laser aimed directly on the skin) and endovenous (vessels treated with a fiber placed directly into the vein) methods.
Injectables, Peels, and Other Procedures
I) Injectables for correcting and filling fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scarring
b. Juvederm and Restylane
III) Chemical Peels
IV) Gentlewaves (LED)