Filler AgentsFiller agents can be used to fill in wrinkles, scars, depressed areas, and to fill out thinning areas, such as the aging lip or cheeks. These agents can be divided into those agents that are:
- Permanent (non-absorbable) – Silicone, Gortex
- Temporary (absorbable) – hyaluronic gels, collagen
- Autologous (come from the patient themselves-fat)
- Cadaver or Animal - collagen, alloderm
- Laboratory – hyaluronic gels
- Be absorbable
- Non-animal or human derived
- Last approximately two years
- Feel natural
- Be very non-reactive
Click here to learn more about Juvederm.
Click here to learn more about Sculptra.